Friday, August 14, 2009

Still no news...

Still don't know about the end result of the surgery. They are testing the tail and tissues for a clean margin, but still don't have results. Argh, another weekend of waiting and wondering.

Kelsey is doing very well and came to the back of the yard last night while Tim and I swam in our pool. He laid down in the shade and seemed quite content. He has been sleeping a little less and we are officially out of pain medicine (was supposed to last 5 days, but I spread it out a little further and made it last 7).

His incision looks really good (if that's possible) and we go to see the vet next Wednesday to get the stitches removed and for a short exam. Hopefully all will be well. He's itching a lot, but doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

He's a trooper. He is just such a sweet boy and I'm glad that he's still here with me. I don't want to be selfish and I know that eventually he will make the trip to the bridge, I just am hoping for good results and many more years before he goes.

I've decided that he actually looks quite cute without the tail. Who needs all that extra fluff anyway. He's just got a little more character now.

I'll get some new pictures of his shaved fanny soon, so you can see how he is healing. I will take some after the stitches come out.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Cody (and Kel, bright eyed and no tailed)

3 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

Glad to hear you starting to wander around and enjoy things more K. Keep it up!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are furry happy to see THE REAL Kelsey is returning more each day!

Paws khrossed fur some news soon!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom says from the moment you decide to get us woo know THAT day will khome - so woo just need to spoil us each and evfurry one we are here!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I'm sure it's pretty itchy with all that fur growing back out. It sounds like Kelsey is starting to feel like his old self, thanks to your TLC!

Kat