Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Options

Well, turns out there are many options depending on the xrays today (Holly's mommy Janice is coming with me to the vets for the xrays and consultation...thank goodness for the moral support, Lord knows I need it).

In the hopes of clear x-rays, I've already scheduled two consultations with different surgeons (one of which is the doctor that Janice uses for her furbabies) and she'll be joining us for that consult tomorrow.

I've also found a local vet that uses a holistic approach in the event that the news is bad. She works on boosting immunity to help their bodies fight off the cancer and, while it doesn't cure it, it hopefully will give him more time.

I'm learning that I'm not the strong woman that I thought I was and that just one word (malignant) was enough to shut down my brain and drop me to my knees. I don't remember a lot of what was said last night with the doctor. I just remember malignant and stage 2.

We take these critters in and hope to find love and companionship. What we don't realize is that they're only on loan from God to enrich our lives. They teach us that love is truly the strongest emotion and that sloppy puppy kisses are actually not gross, but are wonderful gifts and I hope to receive more years of them from Kelsey.

I can't thank all of you enough for being here for me. I find comfort in your words and know that each of you loves your puppies (and honorary husky cat) more than anything. It is a wonderful feeling to have you in our lives and I feel blessed.

Ok, more tears are flowing, so I'm going to sign out, take a short nap with Kelsey, and prepare for the consultation at 4:30. Please God, I beg of you, let it be ok.

Cody

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We KNOW Holly's Mom will do all she khan to help!

AND we are here too...

The power of the paws has worked pretty well...they are perfekht but we do our best!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

D.K. Wall said...

So sorry for the diagnosis, but lots of paw prayers for positives around the possibilities. We have, unfortunately, been through similiar events, so while we do not know the specific pain you are feeling, we certainly know of the agony of not being able to make our furry pals totally healthy and carefree.

Let us know if there is anything we can do!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Please give Kelsey a gentle hug and a snooter kiss from all of us.

Hugs, the OP Pack

Lacy said...

w00fs, tell Kelsey we all pullin fur him...'power of the paw"...they just dont have enuff time with us..

b safe,
~rocky~

Hero said...

Sending lots of sibe vibes to woo and Kelsey. I always have my paws crossed for all my furriends who aren't feeling well. I'm glad woo are seeking help from a vet who uses holistic approaches. It can help a lot when the immune system is weak. I hope the x-rays are clear and please know that we are all here to support woo!

Hero

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We hope you get some of your questions answered today and at your consults in the next few days. I'm sure having a game plan will help you feel better.

Steve and Kat